Monday, February 15, 2010

Kaden's Birthday and Kitchen Remodel!

Thank you to everyone who came to Kaden's birthday party last week! It was a lot of fun to catch up with family that we don't get to see as much as we would like. I know life is busy and it did mean a lot to us to all who took time to come play with us! And thank you Melissa for the most adorable birthday cake.
Kaden LOVES Disney Cars so his birthday cake was made into a racetrack with 3 Cars charters. Kaden was funny and would not walk away from cake to eat lunch; he just wanted to stare at it! I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I accidentally left my camera at home so my mother-in-law let me borrow hers so now I need to find a way to get them.
Anyway, life as usual...David is working hard at work and school and the Daycare is chugging along. I have a LOT of work right now, but I also have some great kids, so in all it is going pretty good.
We just did our taxes and were pleasantly surprised to get more then we expected so our kitchen remodel plans are beginning! I am SO excited! We are going to schedule the project to begin right after the end of the semester. I have been living without a dishwasher, which wasn't too bad until I started the daycare. We are also adding some much needed extra cabinets and a build-in storage bench in our bay window. Hopefully it will really help us out in our TINY kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Cool Danyale! I'm jealous. Are you guys going to hire someone or do it yourselves? I always have all kinds of huge plans with my house, like turn my garage into a family room (turns out, that's A LOT of work and expensive, and it might LOWER my property value!)Instead I want to extend my kitchen/dining room out 10 feet out the back of my house. I figure it will only cost about $50,000! jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to do what we can, but the cabinets and countertops aren't something we can do ourselves. I guess that -would be the bulk of the work. We have a friend of a friend that is doing the cabinet work for us and seems to be giving us a good deal. I just hope this doesn't turn out to me a whole lot more work (and money) than we plan! We should be able to cover the whole project with our tax return. Lets just hope we don't have to break out the old credit card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog, danyale! and i didn't know david was going back to school! sounds like a lot is going on in your lives! wow! having a husband in school is tough, but it will pay off, right? (;
    miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Kaden & Logan

Kaden & Logan

The Fam

The Fam